MTV’s ‘Scream’ TV Series Is Officially Becoming A Reality
I don’t know whether to be excited or to be dreading MTV’s Scream television series, but make no mistake about it, it’s officially coming all the same.
You may have heard about MTV’s plans to adapt Wes Craven’s classic slasher films for small-screen audiences awhile back, but I for one had totally forgot the series was even still in development. MTV hasn’t though and has officially unveiled character profiles for the series as well as its cast of unknowns. We have also learned who will officially direct the series’ pilot.
Jamie Travis, a filmmaker primarily known for his 2012 comedy For a Good Time, Call… is set to direct the Scream pilot from a script by Jay Beattie and Dan Dworkin, both of whom have worked on ABC’s Revenge.
While we still don’t know how soon to expect the Scream TV series to hit MTV’s airwaves, hopefully these character profiles below can tide you over. Here’s hoping the series is able to capture even a fraction of the fun and suspense that Wes Craven brought to the big-screen all those years ago. But, I’m not exactly counting on it.
- Willa Fitzgerald as EMMA DUVAL – a classic beauty whose looks and popularity hide a natural shyness and intellectual nature. Her new life with the “in crowd” leaves her estranged her from childhood best friend Audrey.
- Amy Forsyth as AUDREY JENSEN – the daughter of a Lutheran pastor, Audrey is an artsy loner who aspires to be a filmmaker.
- John Karna as NOAH FOSTER – creative computer genius with a vast knowledge of pop culture and the tech world. Best friends with Audrey.
- Carlson Young as BROOKE MADDOX – charismatic leader of the popular crew whose personality vacillates between bubbly sweetness and ferocious sex appeal.
- Amadeus Serafini as KIERAN WILCOX – the mysterious new kid in town, Kieran’s got a dark side and a tough exterior that hints at experience beyond his years.